Athletes Unlimited Return to Rosemont for Two Softball Events this Summer
Both competitions to take place at The Stadium at Parkway Bank Sports Complex in the Chicago area, the first facility in the U.S. built exclusively for women’s pro sports. Ten world-class athletes comprise first wave of players signed on to compete in both events
January 26, 2023, New York, N.Y. – The Chicago area will be the center of the Athletes Unlimited Softball universe in 2023 as the sport surges in popularity, with both the second edition of AUX Softball (June 9-25) as well as the fourth Athletes Unlimited Softball Championship Season (July 28-August 27) set to take place at The Stadium at Parkway Bank Sports Complex in Rosemont, Illinois, the first professional sports venue dedicated exclusively to women’s professional sports in the United States.
AUX Softball (pronounced A-U-X), a two-week competition that marked an expansion of Athletes Unlimited Softball in 2022, was a massive success in its first year, driving significant growth in viewership, social media engagement and other important metrics for the organization. Taken together, AUX Softball and the Championship Season game telecasts on ESPN networks generated a +56% increase in viewership over the previous year. Both competitions will once again air exclusively on ESPN platforms this year.
The exclusive Unlimited Club season ticket presale starts Monday, January 30th at 10:00
a.m. CT. Season tickets will be available to the general public starting Tuesday, January 31st at 11:00 a.m. CT on auprosports.com. Note: dates for competition are subject to change.
Ten world-class players have signed on to compete in both competitions, including:
● Odicci Alexander, a third-year Championship Season competitor, will make her AUX debut in 2023. The former James Madison University standout was named assistant softball coach at Howard University in 2022.
● Sis Bates, a former Washington standout and member of both Team USA and the Athletes Unlimited Softball Player Executive Committee, was the inaugural GEICO
AUX Softball Defensive MVP in 2022.
● Georgina Corrick, a former standout at South Florida, finished fifth on the 2022 AUX leaderboard in her professional debut last summer, pitching in a league-high 10 games and making four starts.
● Andrea Filler, who competed for Team Italy at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, made her Athletes Unlimited debut in 2022, finishing seventh on the AUX leaderboard and also competing in the championship season.
● Sam Fischer, who chairs the Athletes Unlimited Softball Player Executive Committee, has played all three championship seasons as well as AUX, finishing seventh in the 2022 Championship Season and eighth in AUX.
● Rachel Garcia, a former two-time USA Softball Player of the Year while at UCLA and a silver medalist at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics with Team USA, finished second in AUX last year, leading the league with six game MVP honors and three home runs.
● Victoria Hayward, an Athletes Unlimited veteran and former Washington star who has played all three championship seasons as well as AUX, also led Canada to its first-ever Olympic medal with a Bronze medal performance in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
● Aubrey Leach, a former four-year letter winner for the Tennessee Lady Vols, competed in the inaugural Athletes Unlimited Championship Season in 2020 and returned in 2022, finishing 12th on the leaderboard.
● Amanda Lorenz, a member of Team USA and the Athletes Unlimited Softball Player Executive Committee and a former University of Florida standout, has finished in the top 20 in all three Athletes Unlimited seasons in which she competed (2021 and 2022 championship seasons and 2022 AUX).
● Tori Vidales, a former Texas A&M star and an Athletes Unlimited veteran who has played all three championship seasons as well as AUX, also competed in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics for Team Mexico.
“Athletes Unlimited continues to raise the bar for professional softball, and we are thrilled to make Rosemont our home for both the Championship Season as well as AUX this year,” said Fischer, who chairs the Athletes Unlimited Softball Player Executive Committee. “We are looking forward to another year of world-class competition in front of the best fans in the world.”
The Stadium at the Parkway Bank Sports Complex is the home of Athletes Unlimited Softball. The stadium is the first facility of its kind in the nation that was built expressly for women’s professional sports.
“”The Stadium is an incredible facility that has housed pro softball since 2011. The Stadium is loved by athletes and fans. We are proud to call it the home of Athletes Unlimited
Softball,”” said Cheri Kempf, Athletes Unlimited Senior Vice President and Director of Softball.”