Discover Rosemont: World-class shopping, dining and entertainment awaits visitors
Aug 27, 2021
Great for couples, families and friends — find it all in this perfect Midwest destination
By Melissa Karns for Village of Rosemont | Southbendtribune.com
These days, we are all about convenience and it helps when big things come in small packages — even one that spans just 2.5 miles. Welcome to the versatile village called Rosemont, where “hometown” offers world-class experiences. Within walking distance to fine hotels, you’ll discover entertainment to keep the kids amused, dining for the perfect date night and luxury shopping that will have your friends in awe.
Rosemont, Illinois, is a place where dream weekend getaways become reality, and roses aren’t just for anniversaries, of course — but they are cause for celebration. The Village of Rosemont invites visitors to its realistic escape — just a two-hour drive from South Bend, Indiana, and an hour south of Milwaukee — to the tourism mecca that will surprise with the punch it packs.
It’s no wonder why so many have dubbed Rosemont a must-visit road trip destination and the perfect staycation or Midwest getaway for those who live in the South Bend area — and beyond.
Located within minutes of Chicago O’Hare International Airport and a convenient drive from downtown Chicago, Rosemont is easily accessible from the area’s major highways. Rosemont is home to so much — from the Allstate Arena to Fashion Outlets of Chicago to Parkway Bank Park — find out how it can become your home for fun today.
Now, it’s time to imagine your weekend getaway to this charming, walkable village that truly has something for everyone.
Lunch out — or in
When you arrive in the village by lunchtime, don’t be surprised. The access to this Cook County village is plentiful — and, yep, so easy to get to. There are 40 amazing restaurants in Rosemont. Find everything from Bub City’s baby-back ribs to Giordano’s authentic Chicago-style pizza, or check into the Hilton Rosemont (just one of 17 Rosemont hotels to choose from) and grab a bite of All-American classics at the in-house Liberty Tavern.
Rosemont is home to Fashion Outlets of Chicago, where you’ll discover 530,000 square feet of luxury shopping experiences including more than 130 designer outlet stores with high-end amenities, like a “smart” parking garage where red and green lights indicate space availability, a world-class contemporary art collection, a children’s wing and more.
Fashion Outlets of Chicago is anchored by Bloomingdale’s The Outlet Store, Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack and Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH and offers brands unique to the Midwest including Burberry, Jimmy Choo, Prada, Stuart Weitzman, vineyard vines and Zadig + Voltaire.
It’s also home to world-class brands including Prada, Gucci, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Banana Republic, J.Crew, Nike, Swarovski and many others. There is something for everyone at Fashion Outlets of Chicago!
No matter the weather, you’ll be comfortable as you take in this unique experience. After all, this is the only indoor, two-level outlet shopping center in the Midwest.
Catch a concert, or skydive — really!
Plus, “the entertainment district has something for everyone,” said Rosemont Mayor Brad Stephens. “We are proud that Parkway Bank Park has become a popular place for people from the greater Chicago area and out-of-town visitors to relax, enjoy a great meal, have drinks with friends or partake in one of the many entertainment options. It also is a great complement to Rosemont’s many other attractions.”
While the venue spans 200,000 square feet, it provides a welcoming atmosphere, with its tree-lined park featuring charming brick buildings and generous spaces. Reach for the sky at iFLY, an indoor skydiving experience that creates realistic free-falling conditions, without having to jump from an airplane.
Time to see the sights
After a leisurely breakfast at Thorn Restaurant & Lounge at The Rose Hotel, or maybe even a quick stop for pancakes at IHOP, it’s time to take in the myriad of experiences in Rosemont. Here are some hints for making a day of it:
- Check out the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center’s event calendar, where you’ll discover events Wizard World Chicago Comic Con and Chicago Sports Spectacular. This venue hosts a variety of public shows each year.
- Rosemont is home to the world’s largest public display of M.I. Hummel figurines. That’s thanks to the village’s own Donald E. Stephens, who discovered M.I. Hummels in the 1960s when he took his son on a trip to Europe. The longtime former mayor’s private collection of these adorable figurines grew so much, he donated it to the village, creating the Museum of Hummels.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Sugar Factory American Brasserie, delivering what’s been called an “MTV meets Willy Wonka” appeal throughout its restaurant, goblet and daiquiri bar, chocolate lounge, confectionery and retail store. Yum!
An evening on the town
- The Allstate Arena is another popular live-entertainment facility, renowned throughout Rosemont and the Midwest. The arena hosts concerts, Chicago Wolves hockey games and other live entertainment events year-round. Don’t miss country-music star Blake Shelton or Monster Jam this September, Latin-music artist Marc Anthony in October or even WWE in December.
- The Rosemont Theatre is another great live entertainment destination, featuring family-friendly events, concerts and holiday shows like “The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Musical.”
- Don’t miss famous fajitas or a 64-ounce “Mug O Rita” at Adobe Gila’s or feast on authentic Irish fare, like shepherd’s pie, at the Five Roses Pub. Or experience a contemporary spin on the gastropub experience at the Park Tavern, serving more than 40 craft beers on tap.
- Catch more live music at Joe’s Live, featuring country music’s biggest names, local talent, DJs and more. Consider frequenting one of the nation’s most established comedy clubs, Zanies Comedy Night Club, presenting the best standup comedy in a personal setting.
Watch a game — or play some
Nothing’s better on a Sunday afternoon or evening than an exciting sporting event. Catch talented professional women’s softball players of Athlete’s Unlimited, including some who played in the Tokyo Olympics.
You can also take your pick of games starring you and your party of two, five or 25. Kings Dining & Entertainment offers 27,000 square feet of entertainment with 20 state-of-the-art 10-pin bowling lanes, a billiards lounge, creative cocktails, an expansive chef-designed menu and more.
And don’t leave without planning your next getaway to this hometown location with walkable streets that offer endless, world-class entertainment, conveniently within reach.
Looking for a quick getaway that makes having fun easy? Find shopping, fine dining and endless entertainment options in the 2.5 miles that is the Village of Rosemont, where you’ll discover, “It’s all here.”
Entertainment Circulator gets you there conveniently, free
The Village of Rosemont, in partnership with Pace, provides a free shuttle, the Entertainment Circulator (Pace Route 811), to shopping, dining, and, yes, endless fun! The shuttle makes stops at the CTA’s Rosemont Blue Line station, Parkway Bank Park, Fashion Outlets of Chicago and Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. The route runs every 10 to 15 minutes with service available from 7:30 a.m. to 12 a.m., Monday through Thursday; from 8:30 a.m. to 3 a.m., Friday and Saturday; and from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. every Sunday.