Jobs in Rosemont
Rosemont Employment Opportunities
**ICE RINK MANAGER**
The Village of Rosemont is looking for an energetic, customer oriented individual who has a passion for ice skating and hockey to manage our Parkway Bank Park Ice Rink during the winter season 2022-2023.
As manager of the rink you will:
- Be responsible for the management, supervision, and instruction and scheduling of personnel assigned to work at the ice rink.
- Maintain documentation and prepare reports necessary to support the payment and hours worked for all personnel.
- Provide and maintain an orderly and efficient process for ticketing, skate rental, money collection and deposits.
- Be responsible for inspecting and evaluating the rental skates to ensure their safety and or need for repair, replacement or sharpening.
- Enforcing the established rules and regulations regarding safe ice skating for all patrons.
- Ensuring the ice is maintained and groomed for safety.
- Zamboni scheduling during hockey season
This is a part time position and compensation will be based on experience. Pay range from $18-25/hr. depending on experience.
Hours and Schedule: November 1st thru mid-March. Skate/tent set-up will begin Nov 1 with open skate running through the first week of January 2023. Hockey season begins the second week of January and open skate is on Sundays and Holidays only. Hockey season runs mid to late March depending upon weather conditions.
Applications are available on our website. Please send applications and resumes to HR@villageofrosemont.org or drop off at security desk in Village Hall.
FULL AND PART TIME LABORERS
VILLAGE OF ROSEMONT
THE VILLAGE OF ROSEMONT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION(s) OF:
FULL TIME AND PART TIME Laborer/Maintenance (Public Works, Housing, Parkway Bank Park,) with an application deadline of 09/12/2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on September 14th and 15th.
FULL TIME PAY RATE: $46,000-$60,000 based on a 40-hour workweek. Salary dependent on qualifications.
PART TIME PAY RATE: $20.00 per hour based on a 40-hour workweek, with 1000 hour limit. Salary dependent on qualifications.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Applications are available on line or at Village Hall. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Village Hall.
All positions perform unskilled labor including snow and ice removal operations on village streets and village owned parking lots, assisting staff in the maintenance and repair of Village infrastructure, buildings, grounds and facilities and may also perform semi-skilled mechanical labor as well as custodial work.
1. Performs a variety of routine unskilled manual tasks, uses simple tools and carries and wheels heavy material as required.
2. Performs minor maintenance and custodial work in the care of Village owned buildings, grounds, and facilities.
3. Performs shop and yard clean-up and organization. Is responsible for the arrangement, location and proper operation of job-related tools and equipment in the shop/yard environment.
4. Drives a 58,000-pound GVWR truck hauling gravel, fill, or other material or plowing snow, service trucks and other equipment.
5. Performs Snow and Ice control duties and assists in emergencies such as floods and wind or rainstorms.
6. Salts and shovels sidewalks
7. Thorough knowledge of the Department’s Standard Operating Procedures and Safety PracticesQUALIFICATIONS:
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
3. Some experience operating dump trucks with plow and salt spreader.
- Possession of a valid Class A and possibly Class B (CDL)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Subject to high levels of noise for an extended period of time.
2. Subject to extremes of temperature for prolonged periods or abrupt changes in temperature.
3. Subject to fumes or disagreeable odors.
4. Subject to extended periods of isolation.
5. Subject to inclement weather conditions.
6. Subject to working in wet, dirty, dusty, hot, humid, and/or cold conditions in high vehicle traffic areas.
7. Physical strength and agility sufficient to do strenuous laboring tasks under varying weather conditions. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
8. Frequent and/or prolonged bending, stooping, standing, pulling, pushing, or reaching.
9. Occasionally works at heights/depths of 10 to 60 feet above or below ground.
Part time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, vacation and free health club benefits after a 90 day probationary period. Subject to all policies provided in the Village of Rosemont Handbook Manual.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment drug screen. All full time employees must reside in the Village of Rosemont.
THE VILLAGE OF ROSEMONT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE VILLAGE OF ROSEMONT IS HIRING
- SUMMER HELP AT VARIOUS VENUES $12.00 HOUR
- GARGAGE ATTENDANTS $14.00 HOUR
- GROUNDS CREW IMPACT FIELD $14.00
Seasonal applications are available on our website (Rosemont.com –under Government tab then Human Resource tab) or at the front security desk in Village Hall. Please submit applications via email (email@example.com), fax at (847) 993-8413, or return to Village Hall. Please make sure your cell phone and email are current- and legible- as we do all of our hiring through email.
Community Service Officers are a vital part of the Public Safety Department. Community Service Officers are part-time employees who are trained to work traffic control and assist with crowd control. Some specialty Auxiliary posts have been created to enhance the safety and security of the Village of Rosemont. Applications for Community Service Officer are always being accepted. At this time, applications can be picked up at the police station – 9501 Devon Ave. Once the need arises for more Community Service Officers, a class is put together and a group of Community Service Officers is hired. From there, Community Service Officers are trained and begin working events and posts throughout the Village of Rosemont.